Course 1: What is COVID-19?
The first course in this series focuses on building core knowledge, skills, and attitudes around reducing the risk of contracting and spreading COVID-19, and how to protect yourself and your community.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Basic information on COVID-19 (i.e., where it comes from and how it spreads),
- Vulnerable groups
- Misinformation around COVID-19
- Recognizing signs and symptoms
- Prevention strategies
- Referral and management of suspected and confirmed cases.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe in simple terms how COVID-19 was first identified, how it is transmitted, and who can get it, including special considerations for vulnerable and at-risk populations.
- Identify a suspected or probable case and know how to respond to that case through care of symptoms, quarantine, isolation, or medical referral.
- Communicate the preventative measures people can take to protect themselves and their community from contracting and spreading COVID-19.
- Recognize and combat misinformation on COVID-19 that could be stigmatizing or harmful to communities.